Founded in 1978, the Hoover Invitational Marching Festival is the longest-running event in the storied history of The Hoover Met. The Hoover Invitational Marching Festival will be held October 19th, 2019 at the Hoover Met Stadium in Hoover, Alabama.
The Hoover Met is the home to both Hoover High School Buccaneers football games and the annual SEC Baseball Tournament. The facility is ideal for hosting the Hoover Invitational Marching Festival. Highlights for visiting bands include:
- generous parking for buses, equipment trucks, and thousands of guests
- stadium seating for 10,000 or more visitors
- superior hospitality suites for directors
- large and easily accessible restrooms
- numerous well-stocked concession stands
- large, lighted warm-up areas
- easy field access for competing bands and their equipment
- experienced hauling assistance
- easily accessible from major interstates
A non-refundable fee of $100.00 must accompany this application and be postmarked by Friday, October 4th, 2019. Please notify us to expect your entry to aid our preparation.
Most communication will be done through email and the festival website information. Please refer to updates as they are posted.
Based on number of playing members in the band, NOT including percussion.
Bands are allowed to enter above their classification, but not below.
- CLASS A (1-45)
- CLASS AA (46-70)
- CLASS AAA (71-95)
- CLASS AAAA (96 & above)
Hoover Met Stadium. (Standard football field clearly marked every five yards with high school hash marks.) Bands must enter, perform, and exit within the 15 minute performance time allowed. ALL show related materials must be removed at the conclusion of the performance. Fireworks are prohibited by Hoover Met Stadium and the City of Hoover.
- The style of show, field entrance, and exit from the field are unrestricted.
- Band Judging will be Olympic style, with the highest and lowest scores being dropped. The three remaining scores will be averaged for the final ratings.
- Ratings and numerical scores will be given to each band, auxiliary group (minimum of 3 performers), percussion section, and Drum Majors.
- Ratings will be given as follows:
- SUPERIOR (85-100)
- EXCELLENT (70-84.9)
- GOOD (55-69.9)
- FAIR (54.9 and below)
- Any band may enter for ratings or comments only.
$10.00 for Adults, Children 5 and Under: Free.
CATEGORIES OF AWARDS
TROPHIES will be awarded to all bands, colorguards, majorette squads, percussion sections, and dance teams which receive a SUPERIOR rating. Drum Majors will receive individual medals for a SUPERIOR rating. Feature Twirlers (one or two twirlers) will receive individual medals for a SUPERIOR rating. There are no overall awards. Each classification is its own competition!
BEST IN CLASS:
The Best in Class awards will be based on the highest number of points. A Best in Class trophy will be awarded to the best percussion, drum major, color guard, majorette and dance line in each class. Feature Twirlers will not be eligible for the “Best In Class” award.
1st, 2nd and 3rd PLACE IN CLASS:
The placement awards will be based on the highest number of points. The three remaining band judges scores after high and low are dropped will be added together to determine each band’s placement. A 1st, 2nd and 3rd place band trophy will be awarded in each class.